Mineralogical-geological Collections

This collection is based upon a donation by mine official Ernst Julius Richter (1808–1868) from Zwickau in 1868. Today the collection comprises more than 18,000 pieces due to steady expansion. It focuses on minerals, fossils and rocks providing insight into the geology of Western Saxony and the Vogtland. The collection complies with scientific standards and is accessible to scientists as well as the public.